What is the selection criteria for West Virginia WIC approved juices?
- The brands of West Virginia WIC-approved 100% unsweetened fruit juice or vegetable juice are specified by the food list.
12 oz. frozen juice only for pregnant, post-partum and breastfeeding women. 64 oz. juice only for children 1-5 years of age. 64 oz. juice is available in shelf-stable cans, plastic bottles, and refrigerated cartons.
- Juice must contain a minimum of 120% of the RDI for vitamin C per 100 milliliters single strength or reconstituted frozen juice.
- Available brands of juices are listed in the WV WIC Program Approved Food List.
- The following are not allowed:
- Juices with added sugar or sugar substitutes.
- Fortification other than vitamin C.
- Juice drinks; or juices with carbonation.
Please contact the Nutrition Education Coordinator for the West Virginia WIC Program at 304-558-0030 with any questions.